Tuesday, February 2, 2010

HW#86

Write
p.41
A
  1. At the school bazaar was a table with an assortment of junk in the clutter.I spotted some old binoculars.
  2. The climber felt for a toehold.His foot slipped into a cleft in the rock.
  3. The locusts blanketed the farmland.They swarmed over acres of crops in a terrible plague.
  4. Against the blue sky, the snowfall glimmered like diamonds.The flakes fell softly. 
B. 
  1. My mom hired a tutor to help me with my school work.I have seen an improvement in my writing and my grades have gone up too.
  2. During the investigations, Mr.Maddox interviewed the witnesses.He asked for their versions of events and they described what they had seen.
  3. A waiter returned a wallet to its owner.The owner was very relieved and she gave the waiter a reward.
C.What weighs about a thousand pounds and snoozes in Florida Bay? The answer is a manatee. Manatees are ocean mammals.They live in Florida's tropical waters.Manatees feed at nighttime and sleep during the day. Each night a manatee searches for food.It grazes on water plants and it will consume the equivalent of about one tenth of its body weight. Manatees are in danger.Humans are destroying their habitats.Motorboat propellers hit manatees resting just below the water's surface.

p.45
A.
  1. Warily,the Jackrabbit watched the coyote.
  2. As the hurricane approached,people evacuated their homes.
  3. With a last minute goal the team won the tournament.
  4. Because the lead actress was sick,the play was postponed.
  5. Hesitantly Priscilla took charge of the meeting.
  6. Before you go cross the stream,roll up your pants.
B.
  1. Was she reasonably sure about that answer?
  2. The lights went out suddenly.
  3. Check to make sure that you have sufficient cash.
  4. Does Rex have a job with an insurance company?
  5. Huge vocabulary my little sister has.
  6. Take that injured dog to the vet.
C.Boom,Boom,Boom!!!This place is a mess!The workmen are fastening Panels of wallboard in place with loud bangs.It seems like a eternity now!They have been demolishing my room piece by piece.
    My grand mother had a stroke recently.Because of her life threatening episode she is moving in with us.My room is being divided into 2.My bedroom was the only appropriate  bedroom.I resent my loss of space in a way .I suspect that grandma resents her freedom even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment